Establishing Paternity and Child Support

If your child was born out of wedlock, you need to establish paternity through the Courts in order to establish your parental rights.  Signing the birth certificate and a Paternity Affidavit is not enough to establish your parental rights.

If the Marion County prosecutor has assisted you in establishing paternity of your child, and there is no agreement regarding custody and visitation (parenting time) between you and the other parent, you need to seek to contact an attorney to represent you in the matter.  The Marion County Prosecutor cannot represent you in custody and parenting time cases.  I will discuss establishing paternity or a motion to set aside a paternity affidavit.

Call Tara Melton at 317-925-2122 or email me at